Teak Cleaner and Brightener
Indeed, teak is an exotic wood which will support the bad weather, the salt air, the accidental spots... and which will gray, soak water, become deformed, be drained and then crack. Admittedly, the old timers will say to you that the sea water is enough for a good cleaning but the ones in love with wood will note that teak grays with time and loses its so pleasant original color. Moreover, as we all make the error of rubbing with a hard brush hoping to get a very good cleaning. There still, we are mistaken because the friction of hard brush on wood digs fiber and we find ourselves with a teak full of scratches. So who really offers the #1 teak cleaner product?; Matt Chem Marine USA of course!
TEAK CLEANER - STAGE 1
The product corresponding to the teak cleaner is the SUN TECK. Proceed in the following way:
- Prepare your dilution: 1 litre of SUN TECK in 3 to 5 litres of water according to the state of clogged teak.
- Wet teak beforehand.
- Pour this mixture. Using a brush provided with a soft brush, spread out this mixture over all surface to be cleaned. Take care that the product covers all surface.
- Let it act for fifteen minutes.
- Rinse abundantly in order to eliminate all the mixture, which you have just poured. The first stage is carried out. Cleaning made it possible to remove the spots of grease and hydrocarbons. You can now keep on your work without any difficulty and pass immediately the second stage, which completes what you just done.
TEAK CLEANER | BRIGHTEN - STAGE 2
Why this second stage immediately after the first? In order to obtain an optimum result. In fact, cleaning enabled you to remove the spots of greasy. It is important to give your teak its original color by removing black spots concerned with the bad weather and the saline air, which denature its color. For that you proceed in the same way for cleaning :
- Dilute 1 litre of BRIGHT TECK for 3 to 5 litres of water.
- Wet teak beforehand.
- Spread out the mixture using a brush provided with a flexible brush over the hull.
- Take care that the solution covers all wood.
- Let it act for fifteen minutes.Rinse abundantly as done earlier; this maintenance takes 30 minutes without deteriorating your teak.
TEAK CLEANER | NOURRISH – STEP 3
After this teak cleaner treatment, you could apply oil for teak. Teak is a soft wood, which is drained with time. It is thus necessary to oil it which will nourish it and protect it from the ultraviolet rays. Apply oil in good weather, for example in middle of morning. The teak is slightly heated. It is ready to receive oil. The range includes two oils for teak: teak oil colorless, WONDER OIL TECK and teak oil colored, WONDER OIL TECK is slightly bluish oil, which does not change the color of teak. Apply oil to the brush in the direction of wood to dry teak. Let it dry. Apply a second layer.
GOLDEN OIL is oil, which is a golden color, giving it a wet color teak appearance. Apply oil in the direction of wood to dry teak. Let it dry. Apply a second layer.
The choice of oil depends on your personal taste. In both cases, you get what is necessary to protect it and to nourish it.
TEAK CLEANER | PROTECT – STEP 4
The perfectionists and the far-sighted ones will protect their teak deck by applying STOPO teak cleaner, saturator in aqueous phase. It is the last stage of the maintenance of teak. STOPO, once applied to the soft brush or paint, will make your teak hydrophobic. It is to some extent an invisible barrier with respect to fatty projections of the water or any accidental discharge which could affect the cleaning already carried out. Two layers of STOPO are enough to saturate the support, it is advised to wait for 20 to 30 minutes between the two applications. With 1 litre of STOPO, you could treat about 15m2.
The teak cleaner treatment is done once per year. When you rinse your boat, you will notice that the beading effect of the STOPO, which reduces to a significant degree swelling of wood and its aptitude to absorb liquids.
Teak Cleaner and Brightener | Spade Anchor USA