The unique design makes it so effective!
Plow shaped anchors are designed to plow the sea floor, as they move through it – hence their name. SPADE anchors by name, and by action, dig deeply into the sea floor. Once they are within the sea floor, the concave shape of SPADE anchors is designed to compact the sea floor, and not move!
The Manufacturer of the SPADE anchor never refers to an anchor’s weight, but rather to its effective surface area. The remarkable efficiency of a SPADE anchor is due to the size and shape of its effective surface: SPADE anchors of the same surface area will have the same holding power, no matter the material of which they are made.
The SPADE anchor is manufactured in three materials (Steel, Aluminum, and Stainless Steel), and in ten sizes. Hi-tensile steel versions are hot-dip galvanized. All SPADE anchors of the same size, regardless of the material they are made of, will work with the same efficiency
All models meet the seven safety criteria:
1. The anchor must dig in rapidly, regardless of the type of sea bottom.
2. The anchor must bury itself deeply within the bottom.
3. Once set, the anchor must give the maximum holding power without dragging.
4. If the traction force exceeds the bottom holding characteristics, the anchor must offer constant, and maximum, resistance to dragging – even if it moves under extreme load.
5. The anchor must keep on holding, regardless of the shift in direction of either the wind or the current.
6. The anchor design must not allow the anchor rope to become snagged by the anchor.
7. The anchor must be built strongly enough to withstand very high loads.